9.04.2011

solid

Hi - just wanted to interrupt this lovely weekend with a peek at my finished solid challenge swap items.

solid swap 012


We were asked to make one all solid larger item (mine ended up not too large - about 15"x36") per the request of our secret partner. I asked for kitchen things - potholders, casserole cozies and such in a variety of bright colors - especially red.

My partner likes linen and neutrals with a pop of color, so I gave it too her. I hope she loves the finished product and can use it for it's intended (secret) use. I can't give everything away, but let's just say there is a surprise on the back that makes this a very unique quilted item. Something I've been wanting to make for a while now actually.

This was a total improve job. I had left-overs from this block and used them as a starting point with various scraps in-between. Then I just made some bias binding and wrapped the squares to finish the edges. I guess it's a variation on quilt as you go.


birdies


We were also asked to send one smaller item - not necessarily quilted or solid. I had some birdies laying around, so I'm sending them off too!

No comments:

Post a Comment