4.18.2009

my favorite quilt

I just found this fantastic blog with this fantastic idea: Park City Girl has started a online quilt festival. So to join in the fun, I'm going to dig into the archives of dailymsp and re-present the baby girl quilt I finished not too long ago.

I love everything about this quilt - the colors the baby animals, the pinkness...I still haven't decided if I can give it away yet...

It is the first of a planned baby quilt stash. EVERYONE is having babies. There once was a time in my life when I was attending no fewer than half-a-dozen weddings in a single summer. The weddings have waned and now the babies are on the way! And even though I usually have 6-9 months of planning for a gift for the expected, it still gets down to the last minute. (Not sure that this is goign to work as a solution, as I've only done one...and as I said above...not sure I can give it up...)

14 comments:

  1. It is so cute! I know what you mean about all the babies. It seams everyone I know is prego :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. Love the animals and colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling quilt. It would be hard to give that one away. I need to finish a baby quilt for a shower on Sunday! Yikes I better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so Cute! it would be hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very feminine jungle quilt. nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the animals. I love the pink with the animals too very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet love those little baby monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute quilt! I hope you have fabric for another :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful quilt. I love the animals. The pink and the pink and green polka dot are scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww! I love this quilt - the little baby faces are too adorable! I'm going to backtrack in your blog and see if you say what the fabric is - love the quilt - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't actually know what the fabric is - it was from a quilt my aunt made (she sent me the extra) and I haven't been able to find any more.

    ReplyDelete