7.04.2011

patriotic projects


I've been working on a couple of projects today - one red, one white...

Above is a piece of a quilt that I've been working on for a while. It all started with this post about white stuff. And it sat in my head for a long time. Then this spring I worked a bit harder on it, thinking I could whip it out in time for the Modern Quilt Guild monochromatic challenge. Six months later I'm still working on it. And it is a monster. I've never made a quilt bigger than a baby size and there is a reason - they don't fit in my house!!! I can't find a place to baste it together, and I'm scared of quilting it. I actually think I may tie it (mostly because I'm afraid of quilting it with my machine, partly because I want that fluffy duvet feel), but need a larger space to spread out. Looks like it will have to wait a bit longer...

The second project was a surprise - I ran to Ikea to get a dust pan and a garbage can and came back with a red shelf! I've been waiting for these to be in stock for what feels like forever. So I made husband hang it immediately and started filling it up.


I hope all my friends in the States are getting their red, white and blue on - I'm off to a picnic!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment