2.16.2011

pillow talk

(sorry about the blurry pics lately - I've been chasing daylight a bit...say 'hi' to doris the dcuk in the background!)

Remember this? It was actually a scrap challenge from the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild. We exchanged bags of scraps in December and were told to make something for the other person. (I'm totally ruining the surprise, but I can't make it to our meeting tomorrow, so surprise!!) I made the top, but didn't know what to do with it - options included table topper or wall hanging, but I wasn't really feeling them.

But then, I was inspired by sewmamasew's pillow month and turned the top into a pillow! A quick tutorial was all I needed (I've never made a pillow that wasn't sewn shut). We were allowed to add one fabric and I actually followed the rules, thanks to Tracy's generous 'scraps' - the stripey purple was mine and two panels make up the back. Pillows for someone else are a bit of a gamble...what if her house is decorated with RED?...but I figure it can still be used as topper if she likes.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike missy...check out my flickr page tomorrow for your "surprise"! I LOVE IT!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Missed you tonight, but even though you didn't pre-wash your fabric, they were still taken for the May challenge. See you next month. Tracy

    ReplyDelete