3.11.2009

purple + orange


This is our guest room - part one of a total decorating project. We moved in almost two years ago and since then, things have been placed, but not necessarily where I want them to live forever. So I'm going through room by room and freshening the place. Making lists of furniture to find, projects to make, etc. Since my sewing room is in the guest bedroom, I decided to start here - you know, for more productivity. I'm trying to spend little dollars on this "refresh", just find things we already have if possible - so, here is the break-down.

-Duvet cover: I've had since forever. Its a great color.
-Quilt: my aunt gave this to me a few years ago. She didn't know at the time that it looked really nice with aforementioned duvet cover.
-I made the pillow cases over the weekend.
-Right before taking this picture, I found the piece of PURPLE COW PRINT fabric to place on a very tattered side table...PERFECT! (I always knew I could use that somewhere...)

Finally, the wall hanging. For those of you who read my other blog, you've seen this before. I've been working on it for years, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of applique and there was a lot on this project.

This was the inspiration:


A framed Ikea print. I found the pattern for the wall hanging on the HGTV website (its been removed, or I would link to it) - at the time I thought these would be perfect hanging together, but now...the first one seems a bit stiff.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic - love the wallhanging - you did a great job.
    sms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost have forgotten that quilt, it was really one of my favorites. I too loved the colors. Nice accents. ca

    ReplyDelete