3.31.2009

circles + squares

This could be the title for a new quilt. I'm just starting to piece it together - no pattern, no straight edge...just random strips framing a small square placed in random spots. This is how I built models in architecture school. Hold a piece of chip-board up to the rest of it and cut. The color scheme is not so random. I've been working hard at finding the perfect colors to go with those center pieces - not as easy as I expected. I got most of these this weekend and I think they will be great. Now I just have to find the darker bits for shashing and borders.

This random/OCD mix seems to work for me. Just when I get too ridged, there is a mistake (although there are really no mistakes without a pattern - are there?) pulling the design in a new direction. I hope it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment