10.14.2011

Last night was the big reveal for TWO challenges at the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild meeting. We accidentally received Kona Solid charm packs and Jay McCarrol Habitat fat quarters at the same time, so people got to pick their challenge. The results were stunning - you can see them here.

My project wasn't a quilt, but it got me out of my creative rut - I invented another bag.

habitat challenge 006

Based on a travel bag I already owned, the main body was pretty simple.

habitat challenge 008

Then I added a side pouch with a fold out organizer for brushes and other skinny things.

habitat challenge 009

It was a fun project - I really want to play along with the solid quilt fun, so I may pick up my own Kona pack and make one for the next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment