sniffing the outlets

Last night while I was crafting in my basement studio (lovingly named "the sweatshop" by "the husband"), there was a sudden smell of burning. Of course EVERYTHING was on...the iron, the fancy daylighting light, the sewing machine, the dryer...so I frantically unplugged it all and tried to find the source by sniffing outlets and various parts of the basement. I then called B down to check it all out and neither of us could find the source. 

After airing the place out and doing some experiments with lightbulbs, I slept peacefully only after testing all the smoke alarms, re-testing, and running to the market to get fresh batteries at 11:00 pm. A homeowners' life is very exciting.

Tonight I held an impromptu photo shoot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment